Karva Chauth: Rituals, Celebration Ideas, and Money-Saving Tips | GreatBuyz Blog
Karva Chauth: Rituals, Celebration Ideas, and Money-Saving Tips
Karva Chauth is a significant festival celebrated by married women in India. It is a day-long fast that women observe for the long life and well-being of their husbands. The festival falls on the fourth day after the full moon in the Hindu month of Kartik. This year, Karva Chauth will be celebrated on 24th October 2022.
Rituals of Karva Chauth
The day of Karva Chauth starts before sunrise with a pre-dawn meal called 'Sargi' that is prepared by the mother-in-law for her daughter-in-law. The fast begins after this meal and lasts until the moonrise. Women do not consume food or water during this period.
The fast is broken after seeing the moon and offering prayers to it. The husband then offers water and food to his wife, which she consumes to break her fast. This ritual is called 'Sargi ka Tyohaar'.
Celebration Ideas for Karva Chauth
Karva Chauth is not just a festival; it is an occasion for women to dress up and look their best. Women wear traditional attire like sarees, lehengas, or salwar suits and adorn themselves with jewelry and makeup.
Here are some celebration ideas for Karva Chauth:
- Organize a get-together with your friends and family and celebrate the festival together.
- Decorate your house with flowers and lights to create a festive ambiance.
- Prepare traditional dishes like 'Mathri', 'Ghevar', 'Kaju Katli', and 'Rasmalai' to enjoy after breaking the fast.
- Get a mehndi artist to apply beautiful henna designs on your hands.
- Watch a romantic movie or listen to romantic songs with your spouse to make the day special.
Money-Saving Tips for Karva Chauth
Celebrating festivals can be expensive, but with some smart planning, you can save money and still have a great time. Here are some money-saving tips for Karva Chauth:
- Shop online for traditional attire and jewelry to get the best deals and discounts. Use coupon codes and promo codes to save even more.
- Prepare traditional dishes at home instead of ordering from outside. This will not only save you money but also ensure that the food is fresh and hygienic.
- Instead of hiring a mehndi artist, get together with your friends and apply henna designs on each other's hands.
- Make your own decorations using DIY tutorials available online. This will not only save you money but also give a personal touch to your decorations.
- Instead of going out for a movie, watch a romantic movie on a streaming platform like Netflix or Amazon Prime. This will save you money on tickets and snacks.
With these money-saving tips, you can celebrate Karva Chauth without breaking the bank. Remember, festivals are not about spending money; they are about spending time with your loved ones and creating memories that last a lifetime.
At GreatBuyz, we understand the importance of saving money while enjoying life to the fullest. That's why we bring you the best deals, coupons, and budgeting tips to help you maximize your savings. Visit our website and discover how you can save money and enjoy a shopping spree without breaking the bank.