Bethany Huel is a savvy budgeting expert and an enthusiastic coupon collector. Having over ten years of experience in personal finance, she is passionate about imparting her wisdom on money-saving strategies and uncovering the best bargains. Bethany is a regular writer for GreatBuyz, where her advice helps readers optimize their shopping habits without straining their wallets.
Hey there! Looking for some lesser-known shopping tips to save money? You've come to the right place! As a frugal living enthusiast and savvy shopper, I've got a treasure trove of uncommon money-saving tips and hidden shopping saving tricks to share with you. Let's dive in!
1. Shop during off-peak hours: Did you know that shopping during off-peak hours can help you snag some amazing deals? Retailers often mark down prices towards the end of the day or during weekdays when foot traffic is low. So, try to schedule your shopping trips accordingly.
2. Sign up for store newsletters: Many stores offer exclusive discounts and coupons to their newsletter subscribers. So, make sure to sign up for the newsletters of your favorite stores. You'll be the first to know about upcoming sales and promotions, and you might even receive special subscriber-only discounts.
3. Follow brands on social media: Brands often announce flash sales and limited-time offers on their social media platforms. By following your favorite brands on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, you'll be able to stay updated on the latest deals and discounts.
4. Utilize price comparison tools: Before making a purchase, it's always a good idea to compare prices across different retailers. Price comparison tools like Honey, CamelCamelCamel, and PriceGrabber can help you find the best price for the product you're looking for.
5. Stack coupons and discounts: Don't settle for just one coupon or discount. Look for opportunities to stack multiple coupons or discounts together for maximum savings. Some stores allow you to combine manufacturer coupons with store coupons, so be sure to read the fine print.
6. Shop out of season: Buying seasonal items out of season can save you a ton of money. Retailers often heavily discount items that are out of season to make room for new inventory. So, stock up on winter clothes during summer and vice versa.
Seasonal Shopping Guide to Save Money
|Season||Best Time to Buy||Items to Buy||Potential Savings|
|Winter||Summer||Winter clothes, snow gear, heaters||Up to 50% off|
|Spring||Winter||Gardening tools, spring clothes, outdoor furniture||Up to 60% off|
|Summer||Spring||Swimwear, air conditioners, grills||Up to 70% off|
|Fall||Summer||Back-to-school supplies, fall clothes, lawn mowers||Up to 50% off|
7. Consider refurbished or open-box items: Refurbished or open-box items can be a great way to save money without compromising on quality. Many retailers offer these items at significantly lower prices, and they often come with warranties too.
8. Negotiate for a better price: Don't be afraid to negotiate! Especially when it comes to big-ticket items or when you're buying in bulk. Politely ask if there's any room for negotiation, and you might be surprised at the discounts you can score.
9. Leave items in your cart: This might sound counterintuitive, but leaving items in your online shopping cart for a day or two can sometimes lead to receiving exclusive discounts or coupons from the retailer. They want to incentivize you to complete your purchase, so they might sweeten the deal for you.
10. Shop at warehouse clubs: Warehouse clubs like Costco and Sam's Club offer great deals on bulk items. If you have the storage space and can make use of larger quantities, shopping at these clubs can lead to significant savings in the long run.
So there you have it, some lesser-known shopping tips to save money! By incorporating these secret ways to get the best deals and underrated coupon strategies into your shopping routine, you'll be well on your way to maximizing your savings. Happy shopping!